Skip to main content

WHAT'S THAT FISHY SMELL? Published in LDR 03.07.15

We were having some problems with our television earlier this week. When I turned it on, I could detect a faint odor. After checking the obvious - wiring, electrical plug-ins, and so on, I conducted a more in-depth investigation because the odor was getting stronger and more offensive every time I turned it on. Then I noticed something really interesting. I was only smelling it when the news came on and it dawned on me that the odor became more obnoxious when Hillary Clinton appeared on my screen. Kind of a fishy smell, you know? So I guess you know by now where I”m coming from.

Have you all been keeping up with this story? It’s only the latest in a series of Clinton scandals over the past thirty years, but this one is really big. And no, I’m not talking about the painting of Bill Clinton hanging in the Smithsonian’s National Portrait Gallery in Washington and depicting a shadow of Monica Lewinsky’s famous blue dress on the mantel against which Bill is leaning. But that’s another story this week.

What I’m talking about in this column is the revelation that Hillary has flouted all the guidelines and ethical standards dictated by custom and law which govern the communications of politicians in high places. And I use that word “ethical” rather loosely and in a bi-partisan manner. Be that as it may, these are lines which should never be crossed when it comes to our national security.

What this all boils down to is the fact that Hillary conducted all her State Department business matters as well as the financial records for the multi-million dollar donations to the Hillary Foundation for the Preservation of the Clinton Legacy, as well as all personal and family correspondence and photos on a home-made private server located at her residence. The server had multiple email addresses built in, all of which were known to only a few people. None of them were encrypted nor secured, even though she used them to discuss confidential State Department matters with world leaders.

This means that the attack against our Embassy at Benghazi on September 11, 2012, and photos of the burning of the Embassy in real time could have traveled the same electronic transmission lines and even been stored in the same folders as Clinton family reunions and reservations for Hillary’s next dinner date with “the girls”.

Reports have come in that Hillary had been warned about not using the secure government server. An employee of the State Department’s Cybersecurity staff said he warned her office but nobody paid any attention to him. A hacker who is currently in prison admitted that he had hacked into her account in addition to those of other prominent people. He specifically gave authorities a screen shot of an email exchange between Sidney Blumenthal and Hillary about the Benghazi attack in Libya.

The president himself put out a memo that everyone who worked with him at that level of security clearance was mandated to use the State Department email. Hillary actually passed that memo on to some workers on her staff, while ignoring it herself and continuing to let her close circle of staff members use the secret email system.

It’s interesting to note that she had a habit of using the Comic Sans font which appears as No 11 on “The Worst 10 Fonts to Use” according to Mark Batty’s Typographic Papers Series because it mimics cursive writing somewhat and is considered by computer experts to indicate an infantile mentality, normally used by teenagers, certainly not the type of font a professional would use in business emails.

On Wednesday of this week, Marie Harf, the blonde comedienne we conservatives love to hate, made an elaborate announcement that Hillary had 55,000 emails, for heaven’s sake, and no one should expect her to be able to account for an impressive collection of this size.

Perhaps this is not the place to embarrass myself, but I have at this writing 102,000 emails on just one of my servers. And I”m not the Secretary of anything, just a researcher and archiver of information. I think we can safely assume that Hillary has probably at least a million emails on her homebound server, so for her or Harf to brag that she has turned all 55,000 emails over to the State Department is ridiculous and meant only to deceive.

Besides, this is not the way it works. All emails and other forms of communication sent and received by an elected official especially at the national level are considered by law to belong to the public archives. When that official leaves office, the agency goes through them, removes anything not pertinent to the office, and gives them back to the official, while retaining ownership of the government documents for preservation in the U.S. archives. You can read regulations providing for such collection and preservation in the National Records Act.

Hillary considers herself to be outside this law, and she has said she and her staff have gone through all her emails and picked out the ones that belong to the public records, based solely on her evaluation, then she has kept the rest.

Do any of you believe anything Hillary Clinton says? I tend to agree with one of my favorite wordsmiths, William Safire, who wrote in an essay for The Atlantic in 1996 that Hillary Clinton, who was our First Lady at the time, “is a congenital liar”. Later he said that might not be fair to her mother, so he said if not congenital then she certainly had acquired the ability through practice.

Now, about that subpoena issued this week by the Select Committee on Benghazi chaired by Trey Gowdy. He wants Hillary’s emails pertaining to the terrorist attack that night. I think the chickens have finally come home to roost and instead of that fishy smell, I’m going to be smelling delicious fried chicken when I turn my TV on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Near Death Testimony from Judge Larry Winfrey

Larry Winfrey has given me permission to share this testimony.   Grab a box of Kleenex and maybe a sweater for the cold chills you will get in the middle of it. "During my recent medical crisis, I was unconscious for two days. The following is what I experienced during that time. If you have the time and the inclination, I would be interested in your thought. I am pasting what I have sent to others who have inquired. Thank you! Thank you for expressing interest in hearing what happened to me during the two days of unconsciousness, it has had a profound effect upon me. Whether real or imagined, or you believe it or not makes no difference, it will all depend on your relationship with God. Nor will it affect my appreciation for you. I could not breathe! I remember thinking I was dead and that I was not ready to die. I thought of my family. I did not see any bright light or passed loved ones. I did not see any angels enveloped in a holy penumbra. What I saw was Sata

LDR column published 05.09.12 - Jess Easley

Straight From The Hart By Joan Rowden Hart Jess  Easley , Lebanon Historian and StoryTeller I’ve been trying to trace a place called Railroad Pond from the early days of Lebanon.  Perhaps some of you “old-timers” will have more information, but I found a reference to it in Jess  Easley ’s recollections of Lebanon. Jess talked about skating on Railroad Pond when he was just a kid, and also working to cut ice on it during the cold winters that Lebanon experienced.  The grocery stores which had meat markets would hire people to cut ice from the pond to put in their ice house and store for the summer. Jess was one of Milan’s favorite customers when Milan started working at the barber shop with Fred Pitts in 1968, and he quickly became one of Milan’s mentors in collecting oral memories and memorabilia of Lebanon history. Jess was born in Lebanon in January of 1891, and died here on March 1, 1983 at the age of 92 , and had a good strong mind right up to the very end, so he had many memories

Anti-semetism

  Vandals knocked over and damaged at least 100 headstones at Mount Carmel Jewish cemetery in Philadelphia on February 27. The Chesed Shel Emeth Cemetery in St. Louis suffered major damage when more than 200 headstones were toppled and damaged by vandals also in February. After numerous headstones were desecrated at the Waad Hakolel Cemetery in Rochester, the Jewish Federation of Greater Rochester New York stated on its Facebook post, “In the past month alone, there have been more than 180 anti-Semitic incidents nationwide. We are deeply disturbed by rising acts of anti-Semitism across the country, including bomb threats made to Jewish community centers, Jewish day schools, and synagogues.” As of February 28 this year more than 100 threats have been called in to 77 Jewish Community Centers, eight Jewish schools and several advocacy offices like the Anti-Defamation League, around the country. In his address to a joint session of Congress on Tuesday of last week, President Trump said