Skip to main content

A Musicians Song

WILMA’S SONG

A child is born, and heaven sings
And the song moves into our heart
Through childhood days the song replays
As it becomes a part
Of who we are and how we live
In our body and our spirit
Sometimes so plain,sometimes in pain
So deep we hardly hear it.

Some people never share their song
They mute it in their living;
Their melodies, in minor keys
Are never heard, or given
To those who wait to hear the tune.
They listen, but in vain
For a harmony they cannot see,
And a song that no one sang.

It was not so with Wilma’s song
She sang it loud and clear
Her voice was raised in songs of praise
Her fingers had no fear
As they flew across her much loved guitar
The harmonies rang out
And chords were made as the strings she played
And the song left never a doubt
That the joy in her heart came from deep within
And she wanted the world to know
So she sang it loud and she sang out proud
For as long as she could go.

While some might think her voice is stilled
That her song has come to an end
We know the truth - as in days of youth
She is singing, and playing again.

For Wilma now sings with the angel choir
In eternity so long
For the song God gives forever lives
And the melodies linger on
In a land of bliss where there is no night
And sickness is never a care
Where the angels sing heaven’s sweet refrain,
What joy when we meet her there.


Written by Joan Rowden Hart on August 14, 2006.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passion

  “Better pass boldly into that other world, in the full glory of some passion, than fade and wither dismally with age”..  (James Joyce) I’ve often been accused of being too passionate, of caring too much about certain things.  But I believe that  passion, also defined as fervor or zeal, is  one of the essential core values of human life, along with the Apostle Paul’s Biblical list of the virtues of faith, hope and charity.  Passionate people have strong opinions and usually articulate them very well.  We are also perfectionists, and we don’t handle incompetence in the public arena very well, all of which tend to preclude us from being the most popular person in the room.  I long ago accepted the fact that I won’t have the largest funeral in Lebanon, nor will my obituary make the front page. But not everyone seems to care that much about anything other than their own lives.  T.S. Eliot once said, “It is obvious that we can no more explain pas...

JOY OF READING

  JOY OF READING Written by Joan Rowden Hart I sit in my office and look at my treasure Stacked row upon row, the source of my pleasure There is wealth beyond measure everywhere that I look So many shelves, filled with book after book. So many words that tell so many stories So many volumes just full of God’s glory So many reminders of our history and then So many narratives of women and men Who have experienced life with all of its trials, And still write the words that will cause me to smile, Who have struggled with failure and rose up again And made me forget my own troubles and pain. So many thoughts, written with deep meditation Shared with those who will read with great contemplation Thoughts that I by myself could never create Are given to me in abundance so great Free for the taking, but not enough time To just sit and enjoy other’s thoughts so sublime. There’s so much to learn hidden deep in those tomes Of other men’s travels while we stay in our homes There is poetry and ...

ANNIE, THE CAT'S MEOW

  I first met Annie back in February 2004 after Milan told me to let him know what I wanted for for Valentine’s Day and he promised would get it for me no matter what it was. He has often joked that he should have have put some conditions on that. But he didn’t, and so I headed straight to the Humane Society animal shelter. It had been two long years since we had put our beloved Maine Coon cat to sleep, a big pile of what appeared to be nothing but fur, but had a huge heart hidden inside. We had named him Ollie in honor of Col. Oliver North who was our news hero at the time. I entered the cat compound at the Humane Society. There were only two cats inside, a brown tabby who ran to the other side of the pen away from me, and a little black and white girl who came running over to me and when I picked her up, she snuggled her head under my chin and began to purr. It was love at first sight. She was new there and they had not given her a name so I called her Annie. She was alway...