Skip to main content

POLITICAL SATIRE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION

 

4 years ago
 
Shared with Public
Public
This is my column today. Warning: It is political satire and if that offends you please scroll on past. I'm not in the mood for arguments today. My facebook pages are for my opinions. If you have a differing opinion, use your own page!! Just sayin'.
***************************************
We are a nation obsessed with watching or reading the news. That’s not surprising because
the word ”news” implies that we are learning something we didn’t know before. But nowadays when we listen to the news most of us just end up shaking our heads in bewilderment or rolling our eyes in astonishment.
Let me share with you some questions I have been wondering about AFTER listening to the news.
Does it seem to you that people like Nancy Pelosi and Adam Schiff have reached a level of arrogance that we have never seen before?
How else can you explain that Schiff had the pomposity to do a parody of the President with regard to a phone call before his colleagues in Congress. I kept waiting for someone to pop up behind him and shout “Its Saturday Night, LIVE!” But do you know what is even more incredible? Even days later in an interview with the host of Good Morning America, Pelosi claimed on national television that Schiff’s reading was the exact same as what Trump had said to the Ukrainian president.
“I want the American people to know what that phone call was about,” Pelosi said. “It’s sad but he was using the president’s own words.”
You can’t make this stuff up! Nancy, Sweetie, you are way too old for that job.
Have you noticed that members of Congress and other politicians are nothing but a group of dilettants just preening before the cameras hoping to impress you? If that word is a new one to you, let me reassure you I had to look it up also. It means an amateur, someone who dabbles in a given branch of knowledge, who is superficial and desultory with no plan or purpose. I am using it because it is so appropriate for this column.
How else could you describe how former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, who together with his co-horts Peter Strzok, James Comey or John Brennan, actually thought they could devise an “insurance policy” to give them cover in the event Hillary Clinton lost her bid for the presidency in 2016?
Only amateurs such as amours Peter Strzok and Lisa Page would carry on an illicit love affair through their work email right under the eyes of their colleagues in the FBI. But they were so sure that they knew so much they had no difficulty at all with making fun of American citizens who shop at Walmart, going so far as to say they could smell Walmart shoppers.
Has there ever been any action as amateurish as that of Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch meeting on the tarmac of a large airport in broad daylight just days before Clinton’s wife was to have an interview with the FBI about her handling of classified emails? They were discussing grandchildren? Give me a break. Lynch didn’t even have children, let alone grandchildren.
And when James Clapper, former Director of National Intelligence, lied to Congress about whether the NSA collected the telephone records of millions of Americans back in 2013, is it any wonder he had to cover his bald head and face with his hands as he sat at the table, hoping members of Congress wouldn’t see or hear him mumble his false testimony. But CNN apparently has no problem with that. He is still lying to the American people as one of the newsmen on “The Lead”.
John Brennan, the former head of the CIA, also lied to Congress and the American people under oath. So I guess Adam Schiff is just living up to his role models in Congressional hearings.
© Joan Rowden Hart

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Near Death Testimony from Judge Larry Winfrey

Larry Winfrey has given me permission to share this testimony.   Grab a box of Kleenex and maybe a sweater for the cold chills you will get in the middle of it. "During my recent medical crisis, I was unconscious for two days. The following is what I experienced during that time. If you have the time and the inclination, I would be interested in your thought. I am pasting what I have sent to others who have inquired. Thank you! Thank you for expressing interest in hearing what happened to me during the two days of unconsciousness, it has had a profound effect upon me. Whether real or imagined, or you believe it or not makes no difference, it will all depend on your relationship with God. Nor will it affect my appreciation for you. I could not breathe! I remember thinking I was dead and that I was not ready to die. I thought of my family. I did not see any bright light or passed loved ones. I did not see any angels enveloped in a holy penumbra. What I saw was Sata

LDR column published 05.09.12 - Jess Easley

Straight From The Hart By Joan Rowden Hart Jess  Easley , Lebanon Historian and StoryTeller I’ve been trying to trace a place called Railroad Pond from the early days of Lebanon.  Perhaps some of you “old-timers” will have more information, but I found a reference to it in Jess  Easley ’s recollections of Lebanon. Jess talked about skating on Railroad Pond when he was just a kid, and also working to cut ice on it during the cold winters that Lebanon experienced.  The grocery stores which had meat markets would hire people to cut ice from the pond to put in their ice house and store for the summer. Jess was one of Milan’s favorite customers when Milan started working at the barber shop with Fred Pitts in 1968, and he quickly became one of Milan’s mentors in collecting oral memories and memorabilia of Lebanon history. Jess was born in Lebanon in January of 1891, and died here on March 1, 1983 at the age of 92 , and had a good strong mind right up to the very end, so he had many memories

EBOLA CZAR

     ·  Shared with Your friends My column from yesterday's LDR. WHERE IS OUR EBOLA CZAR? Has anyone seen our Ebola Czar? No, not Ron Klain. (Although no one has seen him yet either as I write this on Thursday afternoon. But more about that later.) But I’m talking about the one we have had since 2009. Her name is Dr. Nicole Lurie. She is an assistant secretary in the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and her job is “to lead the nation in preventing, responding to and recovering from the adverse health effects of public health emergencies and disasters, ranging from hurricanes to bioterrorism.” Her job description is to help the country prepare for emergencies including the responsibility of developing “the countermeasures - the medicines or vaccines that people might need to use in a public health emergency”. She has been referred to as the “highest ranking federal official in charge of preparing the nation to face such health crises as earthquakes, hurrica